- I wanted them to be encouraged to take risks and to pursue their natural curiosity.
- I wanted them to be held to high standards and to be challenged to meet high expectations.
- I wanted them to be supported in their efforts to meet those high standards and expectations.
- I wanted them to be encouraged to ask questions and to find the answers, as opposed to leaving questioning to the teacher and waiting to parrot what they had been told.
- I expected that if their behavior was inappropriate that they would be reprimanded in a respectful and professional manner. (I believe one can be stern without being mean.)
- I expected their teachers to demonstrate high morals, strong ethics, and admirable character.
I've got much to say on this and will edit this blog over the next couple of days. But I wanted to get a start. I'd certainly appreciate any thoughts you, the reader, might share.