Friday, March 13, 2009

Sometimes it's about hope...

When I first became a teacher, my colleagues listened to my visions and dreams of what I hoped to accomplish as a teacher. They chuckled and said I was idealistic. One stated that a few years in the classroom would remove the idealism from me, and the others all agreed.

I'm happy to declare that I continue to cling to my idealism. I live by the motto that the world will be a better place because I have lived. This is not some egotistical statement of self-worth but a challenge to me to do something good today and every day. And I don't believe that our efforts have to be enormous and I don't believe that anyone has to recognize the good we do, but we still have to do good.

A colleague sent the YouTube video out to all the staff in our building. The message is brilliant in its presentation and speaks of hope. I hope you enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment